SSP Doc Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GOOD TO GREAT CHAPTER 9

+3
MShamburger
Jmolaison
Klittles
7 posters

Go down

GOOD TO GREAT CHAPTER 9  Empty GOOD TO GREAT CHAPTER 9

Post by Klittles Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 am

It is time for our final collaboration on Chapter 9. Your responses are due by Friday, June 2nd @ 12 pm.

Please respond to the following statements with well thought-out responses.

1. List the Core Ideology Concepts of Good to Great.
2. List the core values that all companies should possess and maintain.(at least 5) Explain the importance of those values.
3. What are your core values (name at least 5)? Which one is the most important, if you had to rank them and why?
4. What is your purpose in your job, beyond money?
5. What qualities do you see in yourself that will help to propel you from Good to Great?
6. What qualities do you need to improve?
Klittles
Klittles
Admin

Back to top Go down

GOOD TO GREAT CHAPTER 9  Empty Re: GOOD TO GREAT CHAPTER 9

Post by Jmolaison Fri May 26, 2017 4:16 pm

1. The core ideological concepts are Disciplined People, Disciplined Thought, Disciplined Action.
2. All companies should have core values, know what they are, build them into the organization, preserve them over time, and adapt business strategies and operating practices to the changing world. The values held provide the basis for purposeful action, the 'why' behind the organization's existence.
3. Faith, family, freedom, honor, virtue, reason. Faith is the most important because it is the cornerstone of truth and the other values I hold dear. It supports and is supported by the others. Faith determines the how and why of my existence.
4. The purpose in my 'job' beyond money is to be an example of the Christian ethic to those who have lost their way.
5. I don't know that I will ever be 'great'. I just try to do a little better each day.
6. Compassion, circumspection, erudition.

Jmolaison

Back to top Go down

Post by MShamburger Fri May 26, 2017 5:03 pm

Level 5 Leadership; First who…then what; confront the brutal facts; hedgehog concept; culture of discipline; technology accelerators; flywheel (not doom loop)
2. List the core values that all companies should possess and maintain. (at least 5) Explain the importance of those values.
Is this a trick question? The author says that “there are no specific ‘right’ core values for becoming an enduring great company. . . core values are essential for enduring greatness, but it doesn’t seem to matter what those core values are.” He goes on to point out that it does not matter what a company’s core values are, as long as they have them. That being said, here are some of the core values to which some of the companies adhered.
Respect for the individual; responsibility to the communities in which they operate; belief that profit is not the fundamental goal of the company; passion for customers; quality.
Depending on the type of business, each of these can be of vital importance to the success of a company. A retailer must have passion for its customers if it expects them to return. A manufacturer must have passion for quality if they want to sell more than one widget.
3. What are your core values (name at least 5)? Which one is the most important, if you had to rank them and why?
Personal Humility; truth; simplicity; responsibility; efficiency.
Probably the most important is truth. Not telling and living the truth makes one’s life (or job or family relationships) much more difficult.
The purpose of my job is to help others succeed.
5. What qualities do you see in yourself that will help to propel you from Good to Great?
I am not really comfortable with a lot of introspection, but I suppose I would say that I am efficient. Pretty good at getting things done in a timely manner. There may be other qualities of which I am not aware.
Patience? I am sure there are dozens of qualities that I need to improve. Probably ALL of them.

MShamburger

Back to top Go down

GOOD TO GREAT CHAPTER 9  Empty Good to Great Chapter 9

Post by CAnderson Fri Jun 02, 2017 4:14 am

The core ideology concepts of Good to Great are:
     Good is the enemy of great; Look for Level 5 leaders; Endurance; Hedgehog Concept; Culture Discipline and Technology is an accelerator.

2. List the core values that all companies should possess and maintain.(at least 5) Explain the importance of those values.    
     The author stated that there are no specific core values that all companies should possess--there are no "specific 'right' core values for becoming and enduring great company".  The author found that core values are essential for enduring greatness, but it doesn't seem to matter what the values are.  Every company or organization needs to have them.  They don't all have to be the same for every company I order for them to be a success.  It just matters that everyone is on the same page as it relates to the goals and values, etc.

Core values are defined as the fundamental beliefs of an individual or company.  Among my core values are Compassion, Loyalty, Sincerity, Respect, Commitment and Honesty.  I feel that compassion/empathy is the most important.  It is important to "feel" for other people.  If you can put yourself in someone else's shoes, you might better understand things that they are going through.  You would be able to view things from a variety of perspectives.  If people could/would empathize with others, society as a whole would be a much better place.

My purpose, in my job, is to help children/youth experience some semblance of success.  I would like to have each child learn something as well as learn how to learn something each day, if possible.  If that is not possible,  I would like them to learn that they are capable of learning and improving.

I like to pride myself on being committed to being successful and a hard worker.  I think that I have been "good" as a teacher.  Over the years, I hope I have had some great moments.  As teachers, we continue to strive for greatness on a daily basis.  Certain positive qualities that may help are the same as the core values as well as other qualities including honesty, integrity, responsibility and commitment.

There are probably a number of qualities in which I could use some improvement.  Perhaps one is "timeliness".  I always try to get everything completed in a timely manner, and for the most part, I am able to accomplish this.  There are a few things or occasions, however, that I tend to procrastinate about.  I hope to improve this.
CAnderson
CAnderson

Back to top Go down

Post by SWallace Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:49 pm

It is time for our final collaboration on Chapter 9. Your responses are due by Friday, June 2nd @ 12 pm.Please respond to the following statements with well thought-out responses.1. List the Core Ideology Concepts of Good to Great. It is not one specific set of core values. It is more important that you HAVE core values and the these values are sustained throughout the transition from Good to Great. It is like he stated in one of his quotes that profit and cash flow, although important are not the most important point of the company. 
2. List the core values that all companies should possess and maintain.(at least 5) Explain. As the author has stated; There are no specific core values a company must have, but that you have core values, that you know what they are, you build them explicitly into the company , and you preserve them over time. 
3. What are your core values (name at least 5)? Which one is the most important, if you had to rank them and why? Not sure if this on a personal level or as an educator; but the two do overlap. My core values are: 1) my belief/faith in God, 2) importance of family 3) honesty/fairness 4) dependability/loyalty 5) positivity (seeing the good in every situation, or trying too.). My faith in God is number one. It is what sustains me and allows me to stay balanced not only for my family but to be effective on the job. 4. What is your purpose in your job, beyond money? My purpose, on my job, is to encourage a desire to learn; to continue to educate themselves not only now but for their entire life. 5. What qualities do you see in yourself that will help to propel you from Good to Great? I am intrinsically motivated to do my job to the best of my abilities. I am open to new ideas as long as it is beneficial for my students. I a always striving to find ways to engage a desire to learn in my students. 6. What qualities do you need to improve? Although there are probably many areas where I could probably improve, I would choose a better balance between family and work. 
SWallace
SWallace

Back to top Go down

Post by SWallace Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:50 pm

Please excuse the poor formatting but this was done using iPAD, iPhone, and a lot of frustration lol. Good thing one of values I do have is "patience" most of the time, lol
SWallace
SWallace

Back to top Go down

Post by wojames Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:14 pm

1. The core ideological concepts of Good to Great are: Level 5 Leadership, First Who... Then What, Confront the Brutal Facts, The Hedgehog Concept, Culture of Discipline, Technology Accelerators, Flywheel, Not Doom Loop.

2. List core values that all companies should possess and maintain at least 5. Explain the importance of values.

The author did not specify any specific/right core values that all companies should have. It was suggested that values are needed and that all companies should have them, however; they will vary from company to company.

3. What are your core values (name at least 5). Which one is the most important, if you had to rank them?

Sincerity, considerate, empathetic, humility, and truth. Sincerity would be at the top of my list. Sincerity is the foundation for many other qualities. If you are sincere about what you are doing then qualities such considerate, empathy, humility will fall into place.

4. What is your purpose in your job, other than money?

Each day brings a new challenge! My purpose is to be a motivator, an encourager, a voice of hope and reasoning, and a positive role model of someone who has the best interest at hand for the student that we serve.

A desire to learn and grow is the quality that will help me to propel from Good to Great.

6. What qualities to you need to improve?

Scheduling, completing one task/assignment before starting another, and meeting deadlines more promptly are qualities that I really need to improve!!
wojames
wojames

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenya.Huggins Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:10 pm

1. List the Core Ideology Concepts of Good to Great. Level 5 leadership: Get the right people in place to begin your dynasty. Establish your team, assure that they your mission and charge forward. Get the right people on the bus and wrong people off.

2. List the core values that all companies should possess and maintain.(at least 5) Explain the importance of those values. Core values are what you, as a company philosophy, deem important. Some companies thrive on quality, while others on speed. The most important thing is to value your philosophy and maintain it, perfect it and embody it.
3. What are your core values (name at least 5)? Which one is the most important, if you had to rank them and why? My core values are Responsibility: I feel an individuals word is there bond. If I tell you im going to do something, expect it. Integrity: without that I feel an individual is useless. When someone doesn't have that, I feel they should be placed on an island by themselves. Patience: I feel it's very important to think before you act. This is a trait that has been instilled in me from law enforcement days. I feel it's vitally important to think an entire situation out prior to reacting and refrain from acting out on emotion. GOD: I believe in a higher being whose my sole protector and maker. Family: This is the most important institution there is.
4. What is your purpose in your job, beyond money? The purpose of my job is to attempt to reach one the these inmates who is housed at this facility who is at the lowest point in his/her life. and present them with an avenue that can give them a second chance in life. By joining my background in Criminal Justice, coupled with my Special Education background, I can really reach that higher level.
5. What qualities do you see in yourself that will help to propel you from Good to Great? Recognizing who people are and what's their potential and motive. Get the right people on the bus, and the wrong people off.
6. What qualities do you need to improve? I need to improve on attentiveness and detail. I feel that a situation isn't going to change unless I act on it. Sitting back and waiting for a situation to get better isn't practical. I must immediately react to situations when needed. When a situation presents itself, take care of it immediately.

Kenya.Huggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down